There are several attributes that make up the best outdoor pizza oven for your needs. From the speed in which is cooks a pizza to its durability, overall size, and ease of use, there is plenty of competition for what is considered the best in its field. The good news for those who love to bake pizzas outdoors is that there are plenty of models available.
What follows are five of the best outdoor pizza oven that have unique characteristics combined with overall quality that make them the best in their particular field.
Table of Contents
Rank #5 Best Small Wood-Fire Pizza Oven: Ooni 3
The Ooni 3 Outdoor Pizza Oven may not look all that advanced, but it has won a number of awards for its overall quality, durability, and most importantly the taste of the final product. In addition, this version has garnered considerable attention for its size and ease of use.
- Ooni 3, our award-winning wood fired pizza oven, is one of the most innovative cooking gadgets in the pizza ovens world
- Perfect for your outdoor patio or garden, the Ooni 3 portable pizza oven cooks delicious pizzas in just 60 seconds
- Heats up to 932ºF in just 10 minutes and runs on energy-efficient, sustainably sourced wood pellets
- Ooni 3 provides the perfect cooking conditions for so much more – roast meat, fish and vegetable dishes in minutes
- Lightweight and easy-to-use, take your Ooni 3 on the go wherever you please!
There is a lot to love about this admittedly small, but quite powerful wood-fired pizza oven. It is easy to setup, delivers fast results, and uses highly efficient wood pellets which means you can take it to the park or other location with ease. For those who are looking to get a small, portable, fast pizza oven that delivers exceptional taste, the Oona 3 Outdoor Pizza Oven is for you.
Rank #4 Most Durable: Pizzacraft PC6000
From the innovative design to the ease of loading and removing pizzas, the Pizzacraft PC6000 Pizzeria Pronto is definitely a winner. Offering several features that help ensure your pizza is cooked to perfection, this portable unit is also intuitive to use. Plus, it helps that it is crafted from durable materials that make it useful even in commercial kitchens.
- Includes bonus grill brush and Peeler and pizza eBook. A 35 dollar value
- Impress your guests with your fantastic pizza! Eboook includes more than 100 pages of pure training. Designed to provide a clear...
- Reaches cooking temperatures of 700F. Preheats in only 10 minutes.
- Cooks a pizza in 5 minutes and is immediately ready for ANOTHER pizza
- Incredibly portable and perfect for Tailgating, camping and picnics
Overall, there is little to be said about the Pizzacraft PC6000 that isn’t backed by the numerous satisfied customers who have thoroughly enjoyed this product. The price is what you expect for a quality outdoor pizza oven, but the components and results place this near the top in terms of creating a tasty pizza time and time again.
Rank #3 Best Large Portable Pizza Oven: Ooni Pro
For those who want to cook larger pizzas while still having the advantages of a portable oven, the Ooni Pro Outdoor Pizza Oven may be one of the best outdoor pizza oven for you. It’s simple design is large enough to house a 16” pizza and cook it fast. Plus, it can cook other dishes as well, including meats and vegetables in minutes.
While you may pay more, you obviously get more with the Oona Pro Outdoor Pizza Oven. It’s ample size does not detract from its fast cooking ability. Plus, it is quite durable and requires only minimal maintenance to clean and store. The fast heating time, large interior, and compact overall design makes this one of the best on the market for those who want a portable pizza oven that cooks large pizzas.
Rank #2 Most Versatile: ROCCBOX
The ROCCBOX by Gozney offers a portable pizza oven that not only carries a snazzy name but is also arguably the most versatile in its price range. You can use wood or gas to cook your pizzas to perfection. Plus, the ROCCBOX comes with other features that help make it one of the most desired portable pizza ovens on the market today.
- THE PIZZA OVEN THAT STARTED A REVOLUTION - Experience the game-changing Gozney Roccbox, the original stone-floor portable pizza...
- COOKS PIZZA IN 60 SECONDS AT 950 DEGREES - Roccbox boasts unbeatable heat retention, allowing you to quickly cook pizza after...
- COMPACT, LOW-PROFILE DESIGN - Designed for both home and outdoor use, Roccbox's compact and low-profile design makes it perfect...
- DESIGNED FOR PROFESSIONALS, BUILT FOR YOU - Gozney's Roccbox pizza oven is trusted by chefs worldwide for its consistent...
- RATED NO. 1 OUTDOOR STAND-ALONE PIZZA OVEN by Serious Eats - highly regarded by Forbes, GQ and The Times.
The unique shape and cooking abilities of the ROCCBOX means you have a bit of a learning curve to get the desired results, but that is a minor nit in what is an excellent portable pizza oven. The versatility of being able to switch from wood to gas quickly makes the ROCCBOX the perfect gift for those who love pizza. Plus, the price is about right, and it requires little maintenance compared to similar models.
Rank #1 Best Overall Outdoor Pizza Oven: Camp Chef Italia Artisan
There is little doubt that the Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven is surprisingly good despite the seemingly low price. The unique design which uses a double-layered ceiling cooks pizza much in the same way as a brick oven despite its stainless-steel construction.
- Perfect for pizza, baking breads, roasting meats and more, Double layered ceiling enhances heating dynamics, bakes like a brick...
- Built-in temperature gauge monitor internal air temperatures, Oven can reach temperatures upwards of 700° F
- Stainless steel construction is easy to clean, Ventilated oven door with handle
- Runs on a 1-lb disposable propane bottle, Regulator and 5 ft. hose included to adapt to standard bulk propane tank
- Total Output: 17,000 BTU/hr - Weight: 47 lbs.
All things considered, the Camp Chef Italia Artisan Oven is overall the best outdoor pizza oven on the market today. When you consider the price, portability, ease of use, temperature control, and the tasty pizzas it produces, it’s difficult to think of any other pizza oven of its type that comes close. While there are arguably other, better portable pizza ovens out there, they mostly cost double, if not more compared to this version.
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API