A high-capacity power bank can help you recharge and keep your laptop running smoothly when its battery is low.
After almost two hours of testing, we’ve decided that the ZMI Power Pack 20000 is the best option for recharging laptops that use USB-C. It provides up to 10W of power, and it’s compact enough to fit in a backpack or a laptop bag.
We only selected packs with a power output of 60 watts. This is the standard for most 13-inch laptops.
If you’re planning on powering up a 15-inch laptop, look for an option with a high-power output. This type of battery pack can provide up to 85 watts of power.
We looked at the ability to charge multiple devices simultaneously. Some of the top picks have at least two charging ports.
Other factors such as the quality of the battery pack and its design are also taken into account to see how they stack up against each other. A good quality pack will keep your laptop running smoothly.
Table of Contents
ZMI PowerPack 20K Pro
- COMPATIBLE Apple laptops: MacBook Pro 2016 or newer; MacBook Air 2018 or newer. Compatible Windows laptops should have...
- USB-C (when used alone) supports USB PD 3.0 at 65W. PDO: 5V𝌂3A, 9V𝌂3A, 12V𝌂3A, 15V𝌂3A, 20V𝌂3.25A. PPS:...
- Either USB-A (used while the other USB-A port unplugged) supports QC 3.0 with 5V𝌂2.4A 9V𝌂2A 12V𝌂1.5A (18W max)
- Both USB-A ports (when used at the same time) deliver a combined 3A at 5V (15W total)
- IN THE BOX: 1× PowerPack 20K Pro power bank, 1× 20-inch USB-C to USB-C cable with E-Mark (rated for 100W/5A), 1× 12-inch USB-C...
If you’re looking for a portable charger that’s more than capable of charging a large laptop while running multiple programs, the ZMI Powerpack 20K Pro is the solution for you. It’s slightly similar to the PowerPack 20000, but it has a higher maximum output rating and costs about $30 more.
Like its twin, the PowerPack 20K Pro is a USB-A hub that can accommodate various types of devices, such as keyboards and flash drives. It works seamlessly in a backpack or briefcase.
This power bank is working in conjunction with my Surface Pro 7 and Lenovo X1E2. It charges both of these devices at the same time and is very portable.
In response to an inquiry, ZMI has clarified that the calculation of the battery pack’s capacity was an error and that it was 71193mW instead of 72Wh as indicated in a photo. The calculation of cell capacity is the physical metric that is used to determine the battery pack’s capacity.
This battery pack comes with 6 Samsung battery cells, which are rated for 3350 mAh. The 6 x 3350mAh = 20100mAh, which is the base unit used to determine the 20000mAh battery pack.
I was looking for a way to extend the battery life of my Mac Pro 15 inch (2019) laptop while I’m on the go. I was hesitant to buy this as there are cheaper options, but I was sold on the ability to extend the data connectivity.
The capacity is good. I can sustain a 100% charge for about an hour. I usually run a good amount of apps and have good screen brightness.
Although it’s a little more expensive, this is still a compact unit that’s good enough for most applications. Its capacity and output wattage are still adequate for most needs.
ZMI PowerPack 20000
The ZMI PowerPack 20000 is a complete package that includes a USB-C hub and two USB-A ports. Its unique design lets you charge a laptop while simultaneously transferring or powering other devices over its USB-C port.
The PowerPack 20000 is designed to provide up to 3 times the capacity of standard laptop batteries. It can also charge various devices at the same time, such as the Nintendo Switch or an iPhone.
The PowerPack 20000 is a powerful, 40-watt power bank that works seamlessly with a wide range of laptops. It’s capable of charging up to 10W at full speed and is also designed to work seamlessly with smaller, mid-range, and large-sized laptops.
After getting ready to travel for a couple of weeks, I decided to look into getting a new battery for my 2017 Macbook Pro. Although I usually use USB-C, I was worried about the lack of powerful ones.
I was looking for a device that had a good balance of portability, weight, and charging capacity. This one fits the bill. It has a full charge capability and can also charge 2 USB devices simultaneously.
I use a brick to charge it up, it works great and is quick. Its also nice to have a built-in security feature that works seamlessly even though its not yet compatible with most airports.
The included Power Delivery USB-C port provides fast and reliable charging for the Pixelbook. It does get a bit warm while in use, though that was expected since it’s a battery backup. The other ports are fast and charge my devices quickly.
This is a great battery backup that comes in a great packaging. It features 2 USB-C to USB-C ports, and 1 USB-A to Micro USB adapter.
Before this backup, my primary backup was a RavPower Turbo Plus Series 20100, which was equipped with a USB-C and QC 3.0. This backup was made possible through a ZMI battery, which is a shorter and thinner alternative to the RavPower.
Anker PowerCore III Elite
- Power Your Laptop Anywhere: The massive 25,600 mAh capacity combined with an ultra-powerful USB-C port enables you to charge your...
- Blazing-Fast Charging Speeds: Equipped with the most advanced charging technology, Power IQ 3.0, Anker 727 Power Bank charges...
- Power for 3: All you need is one charger to conveniently charge your laptop and two other devices simultaneously via the dedicated...
- Cool Under Pressure: Anker's MultiProtect safety system, high-quality LG batteries, and effective heat dissipation materials...
- What You Get: Anker 737 Power Bank (PowerCore 26K for Laptop), Anker 515 Charger (65W) charger, USB-C to USB-C cable, welcome...
The PowerCore III Elite battery pack from Anker features a 60W USB-C port and two 18-watt fast-charging ports. It’s capable of simultaneously charging up to three devices.
The Philips Battery Pack 2, which has a capacity of 25,600 mAh, is equipped with built-in tech to prevent overheating and protect its battery from overcharging.
The PowerCore PowerCore 65W USB-C Wireless Power Adapter is a great addition to the PowerCore lineup, as it features a fast charging port and a USB-C cable.
The packaging was good and the instructions were in multiple languages. The power bank itself is made out of plastic and has a thick plastic body with a face plate that is not bent when squeezed. The 8 LEDs on the face are arranged in a circle.
When I got the device, it had 2 LEDs that charged at 25%. In 2 hours, it charged 100%. I believe that the company’s claim is about 0-100%.
After testing it on two different devices, I found that it charged 100% on both the tablet and the phone. The first was the phone, which took about 1 hour 35 minutes to charge, and the second was the tablet, which took 3 hours 10 minutes.
When fully charged, the tablet’s bank LED lights would turn off. I used 35% of its bank power to charge my phone and tablet.
Omnicharge Omni Ultimate Portable Battery Pack
- 【Power Hub For All Your Smart Devices】From laptops to cameras, drones, and smartphones, Omnicharge can keep all your devices...
- 【Extensive Features】All-In-One power solution with high powered AC, Adjustable DC power, USB-C PD for laptops, QC 3.0 USB-A,...
- 【Maximum Capacity, Fast Charging】142wh (38,400mah) battery capacity. FAA/TSA Compliant; Capable of outputting up to 100W DC...
- 【Removable Battery】Industry-first removable battery. Swap out your battery once it is empty, with possibilities for recharging...
- 【Accessories】Omni Ultimate Includes a 65W GaN charger, a Omni Ultimate Protective Case and a 100W USB-C Nylon Cable. NOT...
The Omnicharge Omni Ultimate is a versatile battery pack that can charge almost any device. Its 38,400 mAh capacity makes it incredibly capable of charging almost any device.
The Omni has a 120W AC outlet and a USB-C and USB-A ports. It’s also equipped with a built-in OLED display that shows the charging status of all your devices.
The Omni Ultimate was my go-to device to charge my devices during my 3 weeks in Peru.
I found that I was not charging my devices as much as my traveling companions. However, it still charged perfectly when used with my various devices.
We typically had access to a generator or an electrical outlet to charge our Omni Ultimate.
Usually, when I travel, I bring a lot of extra batteries with me. Sometimes, when I go through security checks or customs, I bring those with me. The Omni Ultimate is a lifesaver for us, as it’s capable of charging up to 10 devices simultaneously. It’s also built to withstand the most rigorous use.
EcoFlow EFDELTA1300-AM Portable Power Station
- 0-80% in under 1 Hour. Ecoflow DELTA power station recharged at 10 times the speed of most portable power stations in the market...
- Huge 1.2kWh Capacity. Portability doesn't have to sacrifice capacity. DELTA is a solar powered generator with a massive 1.2kWh...
- Power Almost Anything. DELTA's huge AC output can even support power tools up to 1800W (Surge to 3300W, Pure Sine Wave). That...
- Solar Charging, Car Charging & More. DELTA is equipped with a lithium battery pack, it can be charged by the 10-65V solar panel...
- Supports 11 Devices at Once. All the ports you'd ever need for your gear. Power up to 11 devices all at the same time via AC, DC...
The EcoFlow EFDELTA 1300-AM is a portable computer power station that’s ideal for minimizing power consumption while traveling. It features a massive 1,260 Wh battery pack that’s capable of charging multiple devices at once.
The EFDELTA1300-AM features a variety of power output ports, which makes it capable of charging up to 13 devices simultaneously. Its USB-C ports and six AC adapters make it a truly spectacular device.
The high-quality power station features a built-in rechargeable battery that can provide up to 2 hours of continuous operation.
Despite its large size, the EcoFlow EFDELTA1300AM is not the most portable solution out there. Its portability and features, however, make it a worthy buy.
Most reviews are spot on. Also, the unit has better safetyties than most people realize. Some people may have misunderstood it or even considered it a flaw. What it does is charge from zero to full in around an hour and a half.
This is a protection circuit that kicks in and throttles back the charge rate to half as the unit cools. It charges faster than I have ever seen before.
This is for people who are planning on getting away for a few days or who are looking to get charged up before going. If you are not sure what charger to get, just throw it on the house charge and then plug it in.
Bullseyereview.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. We may earn a commission when you buy through links on our site.
Last update on 2023-09-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API